Meet overseas universities at the ‘Student World Study Abroad Roadshow’ at Pocklington School
Pocklington School will be hosting the Student World Study Abroad Roadshow from 4pm-6pm on Tuesday 20 March 2018 in the Annand VC Cadet Centre. The Roadshow is free to attend and is open to parents and students currently in Year 10 and above.
Other schools in the area have also been invited to attend and those interested can register at www.thestudentworld.com/pocklington.
Thousands of degree programmes across the world are taught in English, and tuition fees in Europe can be considerably cheaper than in the UK. Entry requirements are often more relaxed in Europe, meaning students can potentially get into a higher ranked university overseas than in the UK, and studying abroad can provide a fantastic opportunity for students to develop personally and professionally.
At the Roadshow, students and parents will be able to meet up to 20 university representatives from across the globe including from:
- École Hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland – a world leading hospitality school
- Effat University, Saudi Arabia – a leading private non-profit institution of higher education for women, with scholarship opportunities available
- Heidelberg University, USA – a leading Liberal Arts College in Ohio
- I.E. University, Spain – ranked the top Business School in Spain and 3rd in Europe by The Financial Times 2017
- Polimoda Institute of Fashion and Design, Florence, Italy – among the top 10 fashion schools in the world for undergraduates
- RAK College of Dental Sciences, Dubai, UAE – part of the Ras Al Khaimah Medical and Health Sciences University which is ranked as the No.2 Medical school in Dubai
- Rotterdam Business School, Netherlands – a popular Dutch university in a business-orientated, bustling European city
- Samford University, Alabama, USA – Alabama’s top Private University ranked No. 4 in Regional Universities South US
- University of Melbourne, Australia – Australia’s No. 1 university and currently ranked No. 32 in the THE World Rankings.
- University of Redlands, California, USA – ranked No. 12 for regional universities in Western US
Gillian Jones, Career’s and University Advisor at Pocklington School said: “We are excited to be hosting this Study Abroad Roadshow which is a great opportunity for students and their parents to come along and find out more about the options available. There will be lots of information available including details of scholarships and bursaries in the US and the benefits of considering an overseas university. Studying abroad can enable students to develop new perspectives on academic subjects and real-world issues – expanding their horizons and making them more appealing to future employers.”
Registration to attend the event should be made by 19 March at the latest.