Stobart Air to increase seat capacity on Leeds-Dublin route for the start of the Winter season
- Stobart Air, operator of Aer Lingus regional routes, will increase seat capacity by 20% on its Leeds-Dublin service, beginning 28 October 2019.
- Flights will benefit UK and Irish business customers in particular, who require choice and flexibility of flight times, facilitating onward connections to the US via Aer Lingus transatlantic services.
- ATR 72-600 aircraft will service routes to meet additional demand.
- Up to 50,000 seats will be available between Leeds and Dublin during the Winter season.
- John Cunliffe at Leeds Bradford Airport said: “We’re delighted to add additional capacity from Leeds to Dublin from Winter 2019, and I am sure this additional capacity will prove popular for business customers.”
Stobart Air, operator of Aer Lingus regional routes, has announced it will increase seat capacity by 20% on Dublin routes from Leeds Bradford Airport starting from 28 October 2019. The increase will see up to three daily flights on Monday, Friday and Sunday operated by Stobart Air.
Additional seat capacity will meet the demand of Irish and UK business customers in particular, who require choice and flexibility of flight times, facilitating onward connections to the US via Aer Lingus transatlantic services. The increase will also benefit US customers and Border Protection pre-clearance at Dublin Airport, saving time and avoiding any delays in the US on arrival.
Stobart Air will operate ATR 72-600 aircraft to service the flights between Leeds and Dublin. This additional capacity totals to an additional 1,700 seats monthly.
Commenting on the announcement, Graeme Buchanan, Managing Director at Stobart Air, said:
“Stobart Air continuously strives to meet passenger demand across our route network. We closely monitor trends and prepare for busy seasonal periods which enables us to consistently deliver an efficient, reliable service. The additional seats will ensure flexibility for our passengers, providing business and leisure customers with a wider choice.
Commenting on the announcement, John Cunliffe, Aviation & Commercial Director at Leeds Bradford Airport, said:
“We’re delighted to add additional capacity from Leeds to Dublin from Winter 2019, and I am sure this additional capacity will prove popular for business customers. In particular, the new mid-afternoon flight facilitates onward connections with Aer Lingus transatlantic flights, with reduced transfer times and greater choice of connections available.
“The investment of additional capacity by Stobart Air on the route further confirms the economic significance of the Leeds City Region, the largest economy in the UK outside of London. At Leeds Bradford Airport, we offer passenger routes to over 70 direct destinations, with onward connections to all corners of the globe and I am delighted to be working with Stobart Air to support the development both of Leeds Bradford and the wider region”
For more information on fares and flight times, and to book seats visit aerlingus.com
For more information on Leeds Bradford Airport visit leedsbradfordairport.co.uk